This article explores the interaction between jurisdictions that allow and prohibit marijuana, recreationally and as a medicine, and how it can impact a lawyer's license to practice law. Current through February, 2016.
A short essay on the ins and outs of respondinging to a character and fitness inquiry if you are a Colorado Bar applicant. Click here.
The Colorado Lawyer Articles:
How successful are sex offenders on probation? What about other offenders? Data provided by the Colorado State Judicial Department shows that about 15% of Sex Offender Intensive Supervison Probation (SOISP) probationers are revoked within the first year and 25-30% are revoked within the first two years the individual is on probation (the data varies by the year probation began). Click here for the data for probationers starting in 2003 to 2009.
- Felony and Misdemeanor Sentences -- How Much Time is Served?
February, 2010 (Click here for updated FY2009 time served data)
- Jonathan Olom
- Fail the Jail (with Christie Donner)
- Felony Sex Offender Sentencing
- Sentencing Dilemmas
- Significant Legislation in the Criminal
Law Field in 1999
(with J. Middleton), August, 1999
Legislation in the Criminal Law Field in 1998
(with J. Middleton), October, 1998
- Communication Tools for the 21st Century
- 1997 Criminal Legislation
- 1996 Legislation
in the Criminal Law Field
- Colorado Felony Sentencing:
Law and Practice
December, 1995 (Updated February, 2006)
- The Attorney, the Client and the Criminal History: a Dangerous Trio
- Criminal Law 1991 Legislative Update
(with Pat Furman), October, 1991
- Felony Sentencing
- Felony Preliminary Hearings in Colorado
- Colorado Felony Sentencing - An Update
- Burns v. District Court: Sentencing Enters a New Era
- 1983 Statutory Revisions in the Criminal Law Field
- Colorado Felony Sentencing
Other Legal Publications
Phil Cherner also wrote the following articles, which were published over the years in a variety of legal publications:
- The Alibi Defense
Trial Talk, Fall, 1987
- Several articles
for the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar newsletter (The Rap Sheet) over the years
Contact Phil Cherner to benefit from his knowledgeable legal expertise.